Sunday 25 December 2011

a snowy christmas eve

Well, I got my wish and it snowed the night before Christmas Eve.  We woke up to about 5 cm of beautiful, fluffy white snow.  It was very cold outside so Ruby wasn't thrilled about walking in the snow.... but we went outside to give it a try.

I honestly think her feet were cold.  She has winter boots but I don't think they're meant for trekking through snow.  Too bad.... we'll have to find some better boots.



As I've mentioned before, she's not tolerant of anything in her hair, so this shot of her with the cute headband is rare.  Isn't she adorable?  
 This is me in my new Christmas apron!  When I saw it in the store it screamed out to me.  I think I'll be wearing it for many, many years... but only at Christmas!  The first time Ruby was me in it, she said, "ho, ho", which is her version of 'what Santa Claus says'.

Do I look pregnant in this photo?  Well, it's because I am!  Twelve weeks and four days, to be exact.  We've been keeping it under wraps, but now it's official.  I heard the little heartbeat and had an ultrasound last week, so I'm confident that things are progressing along just fine.  We've got a healthy little baby in there!  Heartbeat:  155 beats per minute!

I still think I'm crazy sometimes, doing it so soon after Ruby, but it just seemed right.  The baby will be here around July 3, 2012.  Ruby will be 21 months old.  I'm hoping that she'll be out of diapers by then... and talking a bit.... willing and able to be mommy's little helper..... and mature enough to communicate and be reasoned with....  Basically, I've got some work to do (and I am a tiny bit delusional).


Anyway.... back to Christmas...........

Nana and Poppy came over for Christmas Eve.

That's me lying on the couch after a marathon day in the kitchen.
That's Ruby in her dancing shoes!   

Ruby forgot to iron her shirt.  

Ruby and Nana

No comments:

Post a Comment