Sunday 19 July 2015

chapter 1. new house.

Where do I begin?

The past month has been joy, chaos, relief, excitement and anxiety all wrapped up in one big box.  We moved into our new home on the 13th of June and it's been full throttle ever since.  Soccer practice, water parks, bike rides, beach….. summer is really here and the Grants are loving it!

We're somewhat settled…. the main living areas are liveable but the walls are fairly baron.  That'll take some time.   Behind the scenes are still pretty cluttered and we have quite a few full boxes in the basement.  I'm fairly certain I could get along just fine without whatever it is in those boxes…. but for now they'll remain a monkey on my back.  Summer is too precious and too important to waste any time getting organized.  Do I hear a "hell ya!"?

Summer vacation starts Saturday and # 1 on the roster is a camping trip to Twin Shores, PEI.
I've been consciously trying lately, not to ruin every moment of our lives flashing photos or asking the kids to "smile at mommy",  but I promise to unleash my inner photographer in the coming weeks to capture some memories.  It was a challenge at first, but I've come to realize that taking 15 photos of the kids eating frozen yogurt or 30 shots of a day at the beach is nothing but ridiculous.  I can appreciate the moments without pausing for a photo.  Looking back on my parent's family photos of us….. there are few but each and every one is a gem.   Yet another overkill of our generation.

Before I completely forget, there are a few major milestones or memories that need to be noted here.

Leo is sleeping all night.  Praise God!  Or, as my mother 10-year old mother would have put it, "holy goddam son of a bitch".  We are finally getting more than 4 hours of uninterrupted sleep and I feel better.   I knew I was human.  I knew I was nice!  I just knew it!!!!!

This guy loves to sing.  He sings a LOT!  In the car, on his bike, in the house…. he just sings every chance he gets.  I would love to get his version of "LET IT GO" on video because it could win awards.

Ruby.  She's basically all grown up.  The only hint that she's still a kid is her inability to say certain words.  Remember is particularly awesome.  "Brember?"  is kind of how it sounds.  She only wears clothes that are "pretty" which means dresses and nothing else.  There are a lot of clothes hanging in her closet that have never felt the warmth of a human body…. pity.   But, I'm not forcing it.  She's a great big-sis to Leo and is showing a lot of love and affection for her little bro as of late.  There are still some battles…. but we make it through.  I'm seeing a big, bright light on the horizon.  Kindergarten is fast approaching and I think Ruby's maturing just as quick.  OMG… school starts in 7 weeks.

Hold that thought.

Stay tuned for breaking summer vacation updates in the weeks to come.

Cheerio!

Prepping for bed.  

Our trip on the VIA Rail train. 





Leo's first visit to the dentist started out like this…. 

…. went through a phase like this…. 

…. and ended up like this!  

Graduation from YMCA preschool.  



Need I say more?  

Water park. 





No comments:

Post a Comment