Friday 4 September 2015

the final countdown

We have arrived.  Summer's end and the Labour Day long weekend are upon us once again.
What shall we do?  Or, more importantly you might ask, what have we been doing?  I admit, it's been a challenge for me, these past several months, to find time or energy to write.  I've considered ending the blog altogether but that's rather severe.  I'm not willing to throw in the towel just yet and intend to seek out more frequent quiet moments for reflection.  These kids are growing up fast and there's a lot to report. 

Summer 2015 was fantastic and I'm sad to say good-bye.  It's been a chore getting settled into our new home with so many lovely days and activities keeping me from unpacking our ridiculous number of full boxes that clutter our basement - still.  We have way too much stuff.  In an effort to break free I had a yard sale last weekend, which was helpful.  Now there's less useless junk to go through.

In August, Ruby had another strep throat infection and Leo had that awful hand, foot and mouth virus.  Thankfully Ryan and I were spared.

Leo fell down the stairs one night, minutes before the babysitter was set to arrive.  We still haven't had that date night, but Leo's fine.  He ended up with a woad of glue on his head, which resembles quite a mess two weeks later.  I hope it falls off soon.

Ouch!  


Ruby was on a soccer team for the first time this summer!  She really enjoyed it.  And it was worth every minute to see the pure glee on her face as she ran around with her pals.  She also did a lot of daydreaming, picking up dirt, lying on the ground and picking grass, but she got a uniform and her very own soccer ball!

Medals on the last day. 


Leo asked nicely and coach Duncan gave him a medal too.  


Today marked the kids' last day at the YMCA daycare and I must admit, it was sad for me.  Ruby and Leo didn't seem to mind… Leo's been asking me to go to his new daycare for weeks now.  But, I'll really miss going there every day.  I'll still be going to the gym, but I'll enter through the front doors instead of the back.  It was a great daycare.

I took Ruby out shopping for clothes and to get her bangs trimmed today.  We had fun.




She picked this out for her first day of school.  They took it off the mannequin!!


The girls!  

The weather for this long weekend looks fabulous so we're off adventuring.
Stay tuned!  More to come… I promise!

-L





















No comments:

Post a Comment