Monday 16 January 2012

babysitting

I was thinking about it and came to the realization that I didn't do a lot of babysitting as a young person.  As embarrassing as it is to admit, I can't even remember having changed a diaper before having Ruby.  I'm sure I must have changed one of Ryah's diapers, but can't be certain.  Maybe I blocked out the memory... who knows.

Anyway, I was asked to do my friend Aimee a favour and so our little buddy Elliott came over to play this morning.  He's never been here alone without his mama so I really didn't know what to expect.  I'm happy to report that it was a very peaceful and lovely experience.  Ruby and Elliott played quietly all morning.  I even managed to skip away and do some chores..... cleaned the kitchen cabinets, the bathroom, folded laundry.... it was dreamy!  Ruby doesn't often allow me do all that stuff.  I have to get resourceful when it's just the two of us.  She gets lonely and wants my company - who could blame her?

snack time.

dog time.


I did have to separate them for snack time but that's because I know Ruby all too well.  She devoured her bananas in 4 seconds flat and was on her way over to get some of Elliott's in a heart beat.  She's got some kind of obsession with food and I'm not sure what or how to feel about it.

Thanks for being a good boy E.  It was nice to have you.  Come again any time.
Now I better go and update my resume!

No comments:

Post a Comment