Wednesday 14 March 2012

baby blue

The past few days have been crazy.

Weather-wise, we went from +12 one day to -5 and a pseudo storm the next.  Ruby and I played outside on Monday for 3 hours (not consecutive) with no snow pants or mittens!  We were both in heaven.  She could actually use those little hands of hers.  The sky was a beautiful bright blue, the birds were out and I even took my coat off for a while - before noon!

Tuesday turned cold and wintery.... but on the bright blue side - that's the day I found out the sex of my little baby.  Turns out, there's a healthy baby boy bouncing around inside of me!  I can't explain the feeling I had when the Dr. told me.  Not sure what I was expecting but I got quite emotional and needed several kleenex during the visit.  It was just as amazing as the moment when Ruby was born and they told us 'it's a girl'.

I had thought in some way that the thrill would be spoiled after the initial excitement but it's actually quite the opposite.  I think I'm getting more excited every minute.  Planning the nursery is going to be so much fun..... I just wish I could take sleeping pills so that my mind would take a break overnight.  I'm still not sleeping much and now that I have 'boy stuff' to think about.... well, let's just say if anyone knows a safe way to knock me out, please let me know!  (I'm even open to being literally knocked out if it works).

Today's another grey and gloomy day.  The forecast looks dismal but the skies are still blue in my mind!  I'm super excited and can't wait for Ruby to meet her little brother.  She's going to be an amazing sister.

Here are some supper time antics from yesterday.  Daddy worked late so us girls were on our own.


  it's a little on the boring side... but cute.  She loves to dance to the music.


In other news, I recently fulfilled a dream and climbed into bed with Ruby.  We played in her crib together for about an hour until I basically had to force her out.  I think we could have stayed in there all afternoon..... it was so much fun.  Maybe next time I'll try napping with her.  Wonder how that would go?

No comments:

Post a Comment