Tuesday 20 March 2012

special delivery

I'm happy to report that Mother Nature delivered BIG TIME!  This is the best first day of Spring I've ever had!  Twenty degrees!  No mittens or snow pants.  No coat.  No sweater even!  All of this equals heaven.  Ruby and I had such a great time playing outside.  It was difficult to get her to pose for a photo because she was so excited and just wouldn't stand still for two seconds.  (what else is new?)

Here's a look at the afternoon:

Snack time on the front steps!
Concentrating deeply on eating that cheese. 
Shovelling the garden.  

Ruby thinks the snow brush is a 'shovel'.  She's been calling in that for weeks now.  It was the only thing she could grasp with mittens on so I gave it to her one day when I was shovelling the snow.  She put two and two together and voila - it's been a shovel ever since.

Anyway, I really think I need to hire a cook for the summer so that Ruby and I can play outside for a few hours after nap and come in to a healthy cooked meal.  Sounds good, hey?  Know anyone???  I'll only consider someone with good qualifications and references.

No comments:

Post a Comment