Monday 13 February 2012

my alarm

I had a terrible sleep last night.  It's not the first time and won't be the last but nonetheless, it totally sucks.  I won't go into details but those who know me are aware of the sleep issues I've faced over the years.  This morning was different though.  After Ryan found me on the couch at 7:30 a.m. and asked what was wrong, to my response he said, "oh... sounds like your nesting alarm went off last night".

My nesting alarm went off last night!!!!!  

He's right.  I woke up at 3 a.m. and everything under the sun went through my head that I have to do in order to get this house in shape for baby #2.  The list is miles long and I have to start today because baby will be here in less than 5 months!  That's not a lot of time.  Holy shit.

In other news...... we had our second snow storm of the season on the weekend.  I convinced Ryan to let me shovel a little bit.  He's pretty chivalrous when it comes to pregnant wives doing any sort of manual labour (which is very sweet and annoying at the same time), so I put on my long underwear (which still fit over my belly) and my ski pants (which don't) and headed out the front door.  The sun was out, the sky was blue and the snow was light and fluffy.  It was a most gorgeous day.  All I could think about was what a perfect ski day it would have been.   I got caught in a daydream of going up the Peak Chair on Whistler and spending the morning on the slopes.  It actually brought tears to my eyes.  For the two years I lived in Whistler I had a season's pass so I went skiing on nice days and not-so-nice days.  During my second season I skied 52 days!  (BIG smile).  Yesterday would have been one of the nice days, where you can see for miles and miles over the mountain tops.  One of those days where you're completely in awe of the sheer beauty.... a truly magical, magnificent day.  I'm lucky to have experienced days like that and I really hope I make it back to Whistler some day... for a family ski trip.  We've been back in the summer but it's just not the same.  I really miss skiing.  I really, really, really do.   I'm crying right now.  Boo, hoo.

Anyway.... better change the subject.

We got Ruby geared up and the three of us went outside to finish shoveling the driveway.  She actually had a great time.  Without any coaxing, she started carrying handfuls of snow to where Ryan was piling it up.  She was helping!   Here are some pics:

The snow at the end of the driveway was over Ruby's head.


Handful of snow.... 

... carrying the snow back to Daddy.  

It's a frigid -30 today so I think we'll be inside until it warms up.  
Fingers crossed that it does, because it's another sunny, blue-sky day and I have some more daydreaming to do.  

No comments:

Post a Comment